Thursday, April 17, 2008

Beach Soccer in Puerto Vallarta

This has been a busy couple of months. We just finished two Olympic Qualifying events and today we began the CONCACAF Beach Soccer Championship. I was scheduled to head down to Puerta Vallarta this morning. But, with just returning from Zurich and a desk full of work, I dispatched Deputy Secretary General Italo Zanzi to check out the sand and beach event.

Italo just reported back to me that the opening match just finished and with the magic of a Blackberry, sent me this action photo of the match between Costa Rica and the USA. The FIFA Finals this summer will be in Marseilles, France and the team
s in the running also include Mexico and El Salvador. This opener was won by the USA 7-2.

Sitting at my desk and looking at this picture, I
think staying in New York may have been a mistake.

Just as I was about to click Publish Post, my email alerted me that another message came in from Italo in Mexico. So, I guess he wants you to see the teams lined up for the nightcap (really only played in the daytime).

Here is Mexico and El Salvador. Well, congrats to the staff for a good start and hopefully everyone will have as much fun over the next couple of days as it looks today. And Italo... thanks for the pix.

Thursday:

USA 7 - Costa Rica 2
Mexico 4 - El Salvador 2

Friday update:
El Salvador 6 - USA 5
Mexico 7 - Costa Rica 0


No comments: