Thursday, May 1, 2008

Remembering Last Year's FIFA Club World Cup...

Arriving in Tokyo without clothes was not the best way to begin the tournament. Exiled to my room while American Airlines endeavored to have my luggage catch up with me left me with the choice of going to the opening match for CONCACAF dressed as a Sumo wrestler or watching it from my suite at the Westin Hotel. The latter was the choice for the Tokyo opener.

One of the highlights of the week was when Mary Lynn went shopping with Don Garber, Commissioner of MLS (Major League Soccer) and member of the FIFA Organizing Committee for the Club World Cup, in the Tokyo Fish Market for Sushi Knives. It is the place to shop for them and few have taken as much pleasure in it as Don Garber who we have chronicled for you in this photo essay their shopping tour.

No comments: