Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It isn't all travel...

Wednesday morning came soon enough and it was time to for an 8:00am visit to my favorite dentist. Yes, unlike those viewing the experience with fear and expectations of pain, I have come to realize that the advances of medical science no longer mean that the dentist needs to be feared. In my case, it is also a good opportunity for me to visit with my friend, Dr. Stanley Weinstock.

Before we got started, I showed him my latest entry on my blog from the trip to Chile and his Mac on the wall quickly brought to life the pictures with President Bachelet and Chile's Under 20 Women's National Team.

The visit was to cement in place two crowns, which sit atop the roots in teeth that had long since served their active duty. Here, the application of some miracle 4 minute wonder is squeezed into the inner lining and I quietly await the moment of insertion.

Finally, he inspects his work for a last time and then it disappears into my mouth, next only to be seen in a big smile

Faye scrapes off the excess cement and pronounces me ready for the world, limited only for 24 hours to not eat anything dangerous (that means a bagel, not a chile pepper)

Finally, I bring a smile to Stanley's face when I answered the question "how do they look?" After examining his handiwork in the mirror, my response, "they look like all the rest" was the right answer. The idea that you can't tell the difference from the real ones is what it is all about. Thanks Stanley. A job well done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting. I tried something like this once on my blog and it was not well received. I got all sorts of nasty comments, on so many different levels. Yours worked so well. I wonder what I did wrong....hmmm... maybe I should have chosen my dentist, like you...I suppose a trip to the proctologist is just not the same. Interesting lesson learned.