Saturday, September 20, 2008

The last ray of sunshine...

Robinson Cano records the last hit ever in a day game at Yankee Stadium. The Yankees, slotted to moved to their new home, just blocks north of the historic park where I saw my first baseball game at the age of 5, will finalize their farewell on Sunday night, September 21st, while I am on a Swiss International flight to Zurich. It was great to be in the sun in the ballpark and be part of this historic weekend.

The Yanks leave the field to the song New York, New York, sung by Frank Sinatra. As I covered the panoramic view, my camera ends with a smile from world famous photographer and friend Neil Leifer who just produced a brilliant short film called What About Sal? While it is set in Fenway Park, the home of the competition, it is a great flick to see. Don't miss it!!!

No comments: