Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Soccer Moms Beware...

Despite the references to Hockey Moms, I can report that Soccer Moms have nothing to fear. While Sarah Palin made her acceptance speech on Wednesday night in the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minnesota, we were in the McCain family Suite where I had the opportunity to meet up with the British Ambassador to the United States Sir Nigel Sheinwald. You can imagine, with immediate recognition, the discussion turned to football and the World Cup 2018. Now, that is the kind of international politics I understand and so did he.

Sarah Palin posed the question, "What is the difference between a Hockey Mom and a Pit Bull?" She answered, "One wears lipstick." My experience tells me that if she had posed that question about Soccer Dads looking to host the World Cup and Pit Bulls, the answer would have been simpler. There is no difference.

I look forward to meeting Ambassador Sheinwald in New York soon and we can talk about Soccer Dads and hosting the World Cup.

No comments: